A.J. Fuller | Historical archives | Underwater images/video | Exploration updates

The A.J. Fuller:

The A. J. Fuller was launched in May 1881 in Bath, Maine. The ship was commissioned by Flint & Company of New York for the Cape Horn trade. A "downeaster", the A. J. Fuller was built of wood in the New England tradition by John McDonald. The ship’s Certificate of Registry lists her as having three decks, three masts, a length of 229.3 feet, a breadth of 41.5 feet, a depth of 17.8 feet, and a height of 8.2 feet. The ship was rigged with a billet head and an elliptic stern. Her registry lists four enclosures on the upper deck, which include a cabin, a poop, a house, and quarters. The A. J. Fuller was listed at 1,849 tons gross, 1,782 tons net register, 2,700 tons dead weight capacity and had 1,360 metric feet lumber capacity.

Read about the A.J. Fuller's history »